The Parliamentary Internet, Communications and Technology Forum (Pictfor) is the All-Party Parliamentary Group in the Houses of Parliament for the technology sector.
As an All-Party Parliamentary Group, operating under official APPG rules, our membership comprises parliamentarians from both Houses, consumer groups, academic institutions and technology companies. The Group’s purpose is to further understanding of policy issues affecting the Internet, Communications and Technology sector between parliamentarians, the industry, consumer groups and academia. Pictfor’s origins started over 30 years ago as the Parliamentary Information Technology Committee (PITCOM).
Our core aims are:
- to brief parliamentarians and corporate interests on the socioeconomic impact of legislation and other developments around the digital economy;
- to work with industry and other interests to address current and potential problems in the digital economy;
- to provide a meeting place for parliament, government, business and other interests to exchange information and opinions;
- to engage with all interested groups and individuals through social media;
- to reflect the global nature of the digital economy by working in close partnership with other legislatures across the world and within the UK.
We hold a range of events in Parliament throughout the year including:
- quarterly CEO roundtable dinners focusing on key digital issues attended by Ministers, CEOs of ICT companies and Parliamentarians;
- panel events and meetings discussing digital policy implications and emerging technologies;
- a workshop at the annual Parliament and Internet Conference
- receptions and an annual dinner.
Download the 25 year historical review (2006): Pitcom History
This is not an official website of the House of Commons or the House of Lords. It has not been approved by either House or its committees. All-Party Parliamentary Groups are informal groups of Members of both Houses with a common interest in particular issues. The views expressed in these webpages are those of the group.