Announcing the @PictforUK “Twitter Teach-in” and Awards Ceremony
Announcing @PictforUK’s “Twitter Teach-in” and First Annual Awards Ceremony!
• Parliamentary “Twitter Teach-in” and Awards Ceremony to be held Weds. 12th June at 5.00pm, Portcullis House
• Steve Summers, UK Partnerships at Twitter, to lead Parliamentary “Twitter Teach-in”
• Paul Waugh, Editor of PoliticsHome, to serve as Master of Ceremonies
On behalf of our Parliamentary Co-Chairs, Chi Onwurah MP (@ChiOnwurah) and Stephen Mosley MP (@mp4Chester), PICTFOR is delighted to announce @PictforUK‘s First Annual Twitter Awards, honouring Parliamentarians who have displayed exemplary improvement and success at using Twitter as a means of engaging constituents and the public in an ongoing, open and democratic debate.
We are very pleased to have Paul Waugh (@paulwaugh), Editor of PoliticsHome.com and Editor-in-Chief of Dods, serve as our Master of Ceremonies. Prior to the Awards ceremony, Steve Summers (UK Partnerships at Twitter) will lead a “Teach-in” explaining how Parliamentarians can make the most of Twitter to engage constituents and the public at large.
Since 2006, Twitter has grown at an incredible rate into one of the world’s largest social networking sites. Journalists, elected officials and citizens alike have taken to the platform for political discussion and engagement. Currently over two-thirds of Members of Parliament are on Twitter. TICKETS: Please note that tickets for this event are limited and Parliamentarians will receive preference securing available spaces. Please e-mail Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a ticket.
We hope to see you there! Remember to Tweet us @PictforUK and using the event hashtag #engageUK.
EVENT: @PICTFORUK “TWITTER TEACH-IN” & AWARDS CEREMONY
Wednesday 12th June
This event is ticketed – RSVP
– 5.00pm Parliamentary briefing led by Steve Summers, Twitter
– 6.00pm Awards Ceremony hosted by Paul Waugh, PoliticsHome
– Drinks reception to follow on immediately after
Official Hashtag: #engageUK
Tweet us @PictforUK