Darren Jones MP
Baroness Neville-Rolfe DBE CMG
The Rt Hon Lord McNally
Stephen Timms MP
Sir Peter Bottomley MP
Andrews Gwynne MP
Simon Blagden CBE
- Welcome and Introduction from PICTFOR Co-Chairs
– Darren Jones MP welcomed members of the Group and thanked them for their time.
- Election of Co-Chairs and Parliamentary Officers
– Darren Jones MP then handed over the chairing of the meeting to the Rt Hon Lord McNally, who moved to a vote to re-elect both Co-Chairs to their positions. The parliamentarian attendees unanimously approved this motion.
– Darren Jones MP moved to re-elect Lord McNally as the group’s Treasurer. Parliamentarian attendees unanimously approved this motion.
– Darren Jones MP then moved for a vote to elect all those listed and as Vice-Chairs. Parliamentarian attendees unanimously approved this motion.
PICTFOR Vice-Chairs are as follows:
- Alex Sobel MP
- Anna McMorrin MP
- Bill Esterson MP
- Bob Blackman MP
- Carol Monaghan MP
- Chi Onwurah MP
- Chris Elmore MP
- Daniel Zeichner MP
- Kevin Brennan MP
- Kevin Hollinrake MP
- Lord Arbuthnot of Edrom
- Lord Clement-Jones
- Lord Cotter
- Lord Cromwell
- Lord Goddard of Stockport
- Lord Harris of Haringey
- Lord Mackenzie of Framwellgate
- Lord Patel
- Lord Teverson
- Martyn Day MP
- Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi MP
- Flick Drummond MP
- Owen Thompson MP
- Sir Peter BottomleyMP
- Stephen Timms MP
- Tulip Siddiq MP
- Financial Update/Approval of the 2021 Accounts and Income & Expenditure
– PICTFOR Treasurer, The Rt Hon Lord McNally gave those present an overview of the Group’s finances. He said that the Group was in a healthy financial position due to the increase in industry members over the last year. He thanked the Group’s Co-Chairs, Vice-Chairs and Secretariat for their active role in maintaining momentum throughout the past year.
– Lord McNally then moved to approve the 2021 accounts and Income & Expenditure statement. Parliamentarian attendees unanimously approved this motion.
- Update on 2022 finances and membership
– PICTFOR Treasurer, The Rt Hon Lord McNally then provided those present with an update on the Group’s membership drive and retained members. He noted that PICTFOR had increased its membership numbers to 37 members since the previous year and had retained the vast majority of its historic members. He explained that the Group would continue to engage with potential members who have shown interest in PICTFOR.
– Darren Jones MP added his thanks to the Secretariat and the Group’s Vice-Chairs for their efforts to further diversify the membership, especially given the pandemic.
– Lord McNally stated that the Group continues to only allow an organisation to sponsor one event every financial year, and that the Group will maintain its commitment to transparency, noting that this is the Group’s greatest strength.
- Upcoming events and update to events programme
– The Secretariat gave those present an overview of the Group’s upcoming events, proposing that this year they are aiming for two-thirds of events to take place virtually, with the rest taking place in parliament as hybrid events.
– Baroness Neville-Rolfe CMG DBE proposed that the event on Cyber Security switch its focus from domestic and consumer safety to foreign affairs and defence, due to the Ukraine conflict.
– The Secretariat proposed the 23rd of November for the Group’s Annual Dinner in the House of Lords. Parliamentarian attendees unanimously approved this motion.
– Darren Jones MP asked those present if they had any other business to discuss.
– Simon Blagden CBE put on record that he would be happy to help reach out to new members as part of the membership drive. He also noted that there had been lots of positive feedback and zero complaints from members about any events over the past year. He then thanked the Groups Officers and Secretariat for their efforts to keep the Group transparent and open over the last year, during a difficult period due to the pandemic.
– Darren Jones MP, upon no further business being raised, thanked those present before closing the meeting.
PICTFOR’s 2021 Income and Expenditure can be found here – PICTFOR Income & Expenditure 2021